Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (171) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: lhaselden Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 196734  
Subject: Re: Contrast: A true Christian attitude Date: 11/18/2012 8:23 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
<<
I'm merely using math as an easy to understand example. Inerrancy would require logical consistency throughout, and there is no such thing within the bible.

And logical consistency can be demonstrated by reducing words and phrases into symbols.

Absolutes are like that.

His question to you is, "Who do you say I am?" That answer doesn't depend on what others think.

Agreed. Because it's subjective, which I've always said. Glad you've made it over to the dark side.
>>

Your question reminds me of my geometry class in high school, the teacher would go through a long involved proof sometimes taking almost the entire class. At the end of class some of the best students would respond... but what is the answer? Those of us who understood the proof would laugh out loud at the question.

There is no relativism with Truth but the requirements from each of us in the Body of Christ are different. Jesus stated that to those who much is given much is required... about this I think we should live by faith, we are to live by the faith that we have... if we do that we will be given more, and then more will be required... a belief that has grown in me from the parable of the talents.

As far as my attitude toward the scriptures is that as I study I plant the Word in my heart and in my mind. In my life there have been times when my heart has been similar to all 4 soils in the Parable of the sower. To understand the power of the teachings of Jesus Christ and how people deal with them.. it is a useful parable to understand.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (171) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Considerable Headwinds for Profire Energy?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement