Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
<< Ipay for medical aides for my wife.
I paid $202.00 to the state EDD for household help.
I will pay $871.00 in FICA Medicare and UI taxes to the federal government.
Are these taxes entered as other taxes on my itemized deductions? >>

I don't know what EDD is. (If it's state unemployment, the following answer applies to it also.)

The other items you mention are not deductible as taxes on your return. However, if you're paying wages that qualify as a medical deduction, the employment taxes on those wages also qualify as a medical deduction.

Phil Marti
Tax Preparer
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.