No. of Recommendations: 0
<<. Is there any other way I can take what I currently have in to 401(k) and roll it over,>>

Nope - I think your choices are: quit, retire(if old enough), or die. Perhaps you could arrange a short term 'quitting' of your job with your employer, so you could roll is out of the plan; however, that might be fraud.

<<afterall it is my money>>
Well, it might be your money, if you have been there long enough to be fully vested. Otherwise, some or all of the 'matching' is not really yours yet.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.