Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: greyheadguy One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 677  
Subject: Re: dyeing on the vine Date: 2/16/2002 9:40 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1

<< It seems that the "sage" of the Bershires got most of it all wrong, dead wrong >>

From a stock market perspective, it sure looks like that.

But while most of what he wrote was way over my head, I still believe that the general idea that most communications will move over the next generation IP networks, will turn out to be true.

Many of the startup companies may or may not have had the right idea, but they didn't have the financing to find out. The now closed capital markets put a dagger into many of the early stage companies - comapnies that need to borrow more to reach the self-sustaining point.

I continue to think the internet has and will grow very strongly. Probably all voice communications will be over IP networks in a few years. As the price continues to drop, more and more applications will emerge. Unfortunately, a lot of the investors in the first wave of the infrastucture have taken a beating.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Mylan Transitioning from Generics
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement