Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: pmarti Big funky green star, 20000 posts Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 125005  
Subject: Re: Fraudulent Employer Date: 2/16/2000 12:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
<< My former employer ran back to Canada (closing its only US site) w/o paying me my last paycheck (only $400) and owing hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt to suppliers. There is no way to track the owner down easily and thus no W-2. Money was withheld from my paychecks (the ones I did receive) for taxes but I'm sure that since they were only in operation 3 months in this country and fraud is a key word here the IRS will get nothing from them. I don't want to be "double taxed" for taxes falsely withheld and wonder if there is any way to get back the money owed. Should I "bite the bullet" here and simply not report the (rather small) income I did earn so as to avoid further penalties? >>

Call 1-800-829-4477 and listen to topic 154.

Phil Marti
Tax Preparer
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.