Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
<< So if still want to do this, I give him my stake, and file a gift tax return. He pays no taxes on the Gift, but MY Unified Credit gets deducted by the amount.

So now, when tax time comes next year, he can now pay all the tax on the account based upon his tax bracket.

If I ever need money out of the account, He would have to gift it back to me, therefore reducing HIS Unified Credit? If this is correct, then I just need to see which may would be more profitable in the long haul. >>

You missed my point. What you're trying to do is illegal. Gifts come without strings. Your proposed arrangement does not involve gifts, it involves nominees and the intent to fraudulently reduce your taxes.

You're on your own with this one.

Phil Marti
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.