Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
<< So you are saying I cannot contribute to a 1999 Roth IRA with the money I make in year 2000. I did not make enough in 1999 for a 1999 Roth IRA. >>

Your 1999 Roth IRA contribution is limited to $2,000 or your 1999 earned income, whichever is less. Earned income includes wages and your net income from self-employment (bottom line of Schedule C). If your spouse had earned income, you also base your contribution on that.

Phil Marti
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.