Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
<< The woman who keeps my daughter does not claim the money I pay her. She does not have a business, she just keeps my child and I pay her. How can I get my child dependent care expense deduction when I file my taxes? >>

I assume you have asked the provider for her SSN and she has refused to provide it to you, explaining that she is not reporting the income. Perhaps you haven't noticed that you are entrusting your child to a criminal.

Be that as it may, this is your lucky day. You can support tax fraud and get your credit. See the instructions for Form 2441 for what you must do and how to complete the form.

Phil Marti
Tax Preparer
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.