Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
<< They are coming from India on B1(Visitor's visa) and if they stay with me for 6 or more months, can they pass the Citizenship test since they will be in US for more than 181 days in a calendar year. >>

Even if they're here more than 181 days, they're not "residents" if they're on visitors' visas. You wouldn't be able to get ITINs, which are necessary for dependents, for them. Sorry.

Phil Marti
Tax Preparer
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.