Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
<<
Yes, Ephesians. But, again, which one? There are many being practiced. Which one does Ephesians recommend? The one of the Baptists, the Catholics, the Mormons?

Pete
>>

Jesus Christ is the author and perfecter of the faith, the one faith. Christ once asked "Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?". I do not have an answer to that question. The best I can is to be ready for that day.

I do not know if the baptists have one faith, their are southern baptists and free will baptists. There are likely sects of catholics and mormons as well. I do not care what church you attend, the goal is Christ in us. If we are in Him and He is us, then we are sharing in the one faith.

I believe that if a person wants to know the Truth and earnestly seek for it they can find it, but it may cost them all that they are/have/will be. He who has ears to hear let him hear.

Romans 8:9 However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him. 10 If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is [d]alive because of righteousness. 11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies [e]through His Spirit who dwells in you.

12 So then, brethren, we are under obligation, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh— 13 for if you are living according to the flesh, you [f]must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14 For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. 15 For you have not received a spirit of slavery [g]leading to fear again, but you have received [h]a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, “Abba! Father!” 16 The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement