UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (99) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: tcp100 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308782  
Subject: Re: If you read anything today, read this. Date: 4/24/2003 12:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
<<1. The only way this is true is if the address is in the the St. Nicholas Housing development on W 127th street.>>

I didn't want to give an address, but the address is around the intersection of St. Nicholas Ave and W 127th. So, that sounds right to me.

<<2. 2. What do you care if the housing development itself is a place where cops "make arrests all the time"? You aren't going there, you are going to the police station, which is (assuming (1) above is correct) on 135th. You would either take a cab right there or -- more sensibly -- take the 2 or 3 subway to Lenox and 135th and walk a block and a half.>>

Perhaps. Pardon me, however, for being cautious. You need to understand that not everyone's going to know NYC as well as you might, and know where to stay out of or where not to go. I just don't want to run up there without knowing more about where I'm going, especially if it is in a -relatively- bad neighborhood. That's why I was asking.

<<3. 3. You asked, so I will tell you: There is no problem taking a jaunt to that part of the city during normal daylight hours. You weren't thinking of going to speak to the cops at 3am, were you?>>

No, but you also have to understand that the last time I went to that part of NYC was in 1987. I imagine it's improved since then. However, back then, there were places I would not have gone at 3pm, nevermind 3am.

I understand a lot of people love NYC, and this is really not what I wanted to talk about -- but I hope you can imagine that the idea of taking a trip up there alone by someone who really doesn't know much about NY may not be the best idea, if there's any way I could get it done without it!

Again, it may be my only recourse. I'm waiting to find out..

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (99) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Ringing the NASDAQ Bell
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement