Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
<<1. When were the contributions made, and for how much?

2. For what tax year were they made?

3. What type of IRA (traditional or Roth)

4. What makes you think they were unallowable?

5. How did you report the contributions, if at all, on your return for the year in question?>>


1. Two $2000 contributions were made in January 2000.
2. For tax year 2000.
3. Roth IRAs.
4. AGI greater than 180K.
5. I did not report the contributions on my return. I specified to my broker the tax year when I contributed to the self-directed Roth IRA accounts.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.