No. of Recommendations: 0
<<Again, you cannot unilaterally void a contract or do an offset. Not unless the CONTRACT says you can. You may FEEL you should be able to do so, but you cannot usually. >>

If it were just a contract dispute, I would agree with you Ginko.

But the defense is that the person committed a tort and a crime against the victim. That makes it no longer a contracts case if the theft can be proved. And the victim isn't limited to the awards that might be made in a contract case, but might collect punitive damages to punish the tort and crime.

Seattle Pioneer
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.