UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: IndecisiveFool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76418  
Subject: Re: IRA Contribution Limint Date: 2/1/1999 11:27 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
<<Am I correct in my belief that there is no income limit for NON-deductible IRA contributions?>>

That's absolutely correct for a nondeductible traditional IRA. The Roth IRA also allows nondeductible contributions, but none may be made to that vehicle if AGI exceeds $110K for single filers or $160K for joint filers.

To add to Pixy's answer. Just being picky. ;)

There is a minimum income limit for the yearly maximum IRA contribution of $2000. You will need at least $2000 in earned income.


P.S. To explain my reasons for being picky. One, it's past my bedtime. Two, there have been several questions in the past about the ability to make contributions when the person only had unearned income.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next


The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.