UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (125) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 58778  
Subject: Re: Dallas sees Sicko Date: 7/8/2007 1:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
<<And please, it's unreasonable to demand that everyone see Michael Moore's epic before commenting on it writes SP
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Say what!

If you are going to criticize something you should see, read or visit it.

That's 101.

buzman
>>

So you listen to Rush Limbaugh three hours per day to keep up with his line of argument?

Michael Moore is talking about a public policy he thinks should be adopted. I don't need his movie to discuss such issues in a thoughtful or rational way ---- not when I have my Liberal friends to carry on such a discussion.

If you are going to review the acting in a movie, I'd say you need to see it to judge it. That's not true when you are discussing the propaganda generated by a partisan on a political issue, which best describes Michael Moore.

I feel the same way about AlGore's propaganda epic, "An Inconvenient Truth." There is no particular reason I need to be the captive audience of a politician with a point of view to sell. I'm open to discussing the issues raised, and do so very often. I prefer to do so in forums like this one where ideas can be discussed back and forth rather than simply hearing the packaged political product.

There are occasions where listening to the propagandist in person is worthwhile. I attended one of Lewis Farrakhan's lectures once upon a time, I was impressed by the impact of a talented and charismatic propagandist. Similarly, I've seen Michael Moore's "Roger and Me" and "Bowling for Columbine" in which Michael Moore repeats his weak arguments in semi dramatic ways to showcase them to best effect.

All Michael Moore does is repeat the methods he showcased in "Roger and Me." Like Lewis Farrakhan and Rush Limbaugh, it's worth seeing once to see the methods used, but no one should feel obligated to sit through repeat performances unless they enjoy that kind of thing.

Seattle Pioneer

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (125) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Intel's Broadwell Potential
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement