No. of Recommendations: 0
<<Are you sure that the Form 8606 you are looking at is for Tax Year 1998? The first year you can contribute to a Roth is 1998 and the IRS is notorious for not getting their forms out until the last minute, therefore I would not expect them to be ready yet.>>


While that is a thought, tax year 1998 forms are on the IRS website. There is no mention on the form or instructions for non-rollovered Roth IRAs except for when people make distributions.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.