No. of Recommendations: 0
<<Can you say this for *all* real estate agents? Our agent is working for us, referred by a good friend. She is recommending an inspector to come out three times during the building of our new home - once after the foundation is laid, before the walls go up to inspect wiring, and at completion I believe. I might tend to think your statement could be true in the case of a seller's agent.>>

I'm not lauren, but I'll throw in my opinion anyway.

I don't think you should use the buyer/seller agent differentiation as a rule of thumb. Whether the agent is working "for" you or "for" the seller, the reality is that the agent only gets paid if the sale goes through. A devastating home inspection can scuttle a deal faster than you can blink. So I would approach an agent recommendation VERY cautiously, regardless of who s/he is supposedly representing in a deal.

Now - having said all that - it really depends on the individual agent. If you trust this agent and she has done right by you thus far, then you may want to consider her recommendation but do some due diligence of your own as well.

Print the post  

Announcements

Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
Buying/Selling a Home FAQ

Mortgage Professor
Offsite resource for mortgage questions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement