Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
<<How does one designate a contribution/investment 'Roth IRA'?>>

I'm sure that you will have separate paperwork to complete with the financial institution in question. Since the Roth provisions don't become effective until 1998, it is a little early to know exactly. But you can be assured that the paperwork that you complete with the bank/brokerage firm will specifically identify the contribution and/or rollover.

<<I have a f-f portfolio, and would like to use this for retirement?>>

Is this a question or a statement? Nothing will prohibit you from using the Foolish 4 in a Roth IRA account.

<< What about account keeping? Does someone audit these?>>

Since how the funds "earn" within the IRA (either Roth or regular)is immaterial, so the recordkeeping is not as stringent as you are used to. And yes, it is possible that the IRA will be subject to audit. But the questions that will be asked will deal with the eligilibility of the contribution/rollover, and NOT how the funds had grown.

TMF Taxes
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.