UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Rayvt Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75826  
Subject: Re: 401(k) Redistribution Date: 5/13/1998 10:41 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
<<I am 35 years old and have recently resigned from my present company.
With repect to my 401(k) program, I understand I have the option of
leaving my money in the existing program or can transfer the balance
into another similar type of program once I begin my new job. If
possible, rather than placing the balance into another 401(k) program
(which consist of mutual funds with varying degrees of risk), I would
like to redirect the monies into individual stocks. I also realize the
money must remain under a "retirement vehicle umbrella" to be exempt
from taxation. Is there such a program/vehicle?>

Mai oui!, as the French say.

Just roll it over to a self-directed IRA. We've done this twice with my wife's 401(k)'s when she left her last two jobs. Ameritrade, or other brokers, will give you the forms to do this.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next


The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.