Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
<<I have some old large denomination ($10,000) EE bonds now worth approximately $15,000. When I convert these to HH bonds, may they be issued in smaller denominations of my choice? I would like to be able to sell them and pay tax on the accrued interest in smaller chunks.>>

I BELIEVE that the answer is yes...but you'll really want to speak with the folks at the bank in order to get the REAL answer.

TMF Taxes
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.