Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
<<I participate in child care FSA's through my employer. This year, I started a new job in September.
I incurred the highest child care expense for the year over the summer (camp)while at the old job.
My new company is not allowing me to submit the
unreimbursed portion of the expense which I incurred prior to my joining the new company. They're telling me that I have to incur the expense after my effective start date.>>

You've already received a number of great responses. Nothing for me to really add...other than you can read how FSAs and child care work hand in glove in my post on that issue in the Taxes FAQ area. There are some good planning opportunities that you may be able to use in the future. Check it out.

TMF Taxes
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.