Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
<<I sold some stocks I got through ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan) last year, but the W-2 I got did not
reflect the discount I am getting. My employer refused to issue a new W-2 (they basicly expected me to
report this to them before 12/31/99 since they don't really track it). While I will report the short term capital
gain portion of it on schedule D, how can I report the "regular income" portion? Should I just describe it on a
piece of white paper? Has anyone done this sort of thing before? Thanks in advance for your help.>>

This also happened to me a couple of years ago. You need to report the discount on line 21, Other Income. Also, on line 21, you will need to write "Disqualifying Stock Disposition".

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.