UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (21) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: rjm1 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75805  
Subject: Re: Retirement: % withdrawal for income Date: 12/12/1999 8:11 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
<<I start with $100K from which I take $6K for income. The remaining $94K gets invested as 75% ($70.5K) in
the Foolish Four and 25% ($23.5K) in bonds.>>

I strongly believe that you are being quite irresponsible in giving such a simplistic suggestion that a retired person might
even consider having as much as 75% of their total retirement fund in the Foolish Four.

The problem is that you and TMF are looked upon as if you really knew what might be going on and actually could
give appropriate suggestions to others and the only ones who will blindly accept your sugestions such as the one above
are simply too naive to know any better.

Have you even considered the risks involved for those poor innocents who believe you know what you are talking
about?

For Shame, Sir!

You are not just another neophyte poster on a board. You represent TMF and should be held to a higher standard.

Don't bother comming back with the usual disclaimer about how well the Foolish Four might have performed
historically yesteryear or about people doing their own research, because they think they are doing just that when they
read what you write and follow what you say as a respected TMFer because you do write do darned well and you
have had a number of very valuable things to convey.

Please stop going of half-cocked. Change your ways before you really hurt someone. I know it is not the deliberate
intent of you or of TMF to deliberately hurt anyone.

I think you have to view the posts as food for thought. No one has enough background on the person asking a question to give the perfect answer. But maybe the suggestions can give the person ideas to look at. Each of us has to make up our own mind on how to use the information obtained.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (21) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement