UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (99) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: tcp100 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308791  
Subject: Re: If you read anything today, read this. Date: 4/24/2003 2:41 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 36
<<I understand that you are not familiar with NYC. But, with respect, if you didn't want to talk about it, then you should not have such a big deal in your original post about the address being "In Harlem." Especially since your fear is grounded in your self-admitted ignorance about what it is really like there.

In short, you insulted the city that "you understand a lot of people love" and the city I consider my home. If you didn't want to talk about it, you should have chosen your words more carefully.>>

No, I just said I don't want to go to Harlem if I don't have to. I don't quite understand why that insults you; and why you take it personally. I mentioned it because I was dismayed that apparently the only way I could get action on this was to take a 300 mile trip to an unfamiliar place with a "bad reputation". Maybe I'm wrong; maybe it's a great place these days. Fine, you informed me, but I never made a personal attack, and now this is getting personal, which is stupid. I understand Harlem isn't as bad as I thought perhaps. I get it. It's nothing personal.

I'm starting to get annoyed now. I don't quite get what the need is to harp on me about my percieved misunderstandings of Harlem. I just don't want to go there, and you just can't convince me it's as safe as say, Winchester, VA.

(http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/pdf/chfdept/cs032pct.pdf)

I think I'm purely within my right to not want to go down there if I don't have to! Please re-read my original post. All I said is that I didn't feel like going down there. The last thing I wanted was to turn this thread into this kind of argument.

I don't want to go to Harlem. For some reason, you find that insulting. I don't see how I could have "chosen my words more carefully."

All I said was this, and I quote:

"The police in my state say it's out of their jurisdiction, the police in New York say I have to come up to New York to file a complaint in person. In Harlem. No offense to the Manhattanites in here -- I just really don't feel like taking a day trip up there right now."

What's so wrong with that?

I think you're reading into what I said a lot more than anything based in reality. Now, I'm talking about ID theft. I get your point about Harlem. Let's drop it.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (99) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Berkshire Beyond Buffett Event
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement