UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: sfcorb One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2818  
Subject: Re: MBA Degree- Right path...? Date: 12/18/2000 10:35 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
<<I'm also working on undergraduate degrees in Finance, Economics, and Entrepreneurship... How valuable have you found having each of these? Any advice you might have for an undergrad?>>

First off, I apologize for my late response to this, I guess I haven't been on this board for a while.

I can't believe you are a Finance, Economics, and Entrepreneurship major. I though I was the only person around with this interesting triple major. I have found the finance background to be very helpful in my current corporate job (in finance nonetheless). Of the three majors this one is clearly the most marketable, and is the most practical for a corporate job. The Economics major I have used the least in my jobs, but I have defiantly found it to give me significant insight into various parts of the world, including the stock market. The EPS degree was certainty useful when I started my first business (that was an interesting experience), as well as in the jobs that I have had out of college. The EPS degree was the most useful of the three for me, as I have found many of the methods and concepts learned in that program are directly applicable to small and large business alike.

If I had any specific advice for an undergrad. concerning the educational aspect it would be to get at least one practical degree. Finance works quite nicely in your case, as at least in New England, finance is probably the easiest major to get a good paying job in (other than various engineering/IT disciplines). From a work standpoint, I'd say at least one good internship is imperative to getting a good job. But most importantly, have a ton of fun, as even with the additional cash you get when you graduate, you'll probably won't have the convenience and time to enjoy life like in college for some time (maybe retirement?). I sound like I'm old, but I asure you, I just turned 25...

Sam
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Paying For School Guide
Trying to Tackle Tuition? The Motley Fool's Guide to Paying for School will help you fight those rising education costs.
Post of the Day:
Apple

Apple and Ninety Years Ago
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement