Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
<<Is the income that is reported for Roth conversion, split over four years, subject to self-employment tax,>>


<<and where is it to be reported on the 1040?>>

The assumption is they'll have you report it the same place as any other IRA distribution (Form 1040 line 15, Form 1040A line 10) but we'll have to wait until the forms come out to know for sure.

Kaye Thomas, author
Fairmark Press Tax Guide for Investors
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.