No. of Recommendations: 0
<<It is my understanding that money invested in an IRA account (Roth) can be managed like any other investment...The only limitations are on how much money can be put into the account over a given time and how the money can be removed. Is this true?>>

Yup.

<<Also, are there any rules about incremental deposits in the account vs the anual limit all in one deposit? I would like to start an account with the $1000 I have now and start earning intrest on that. Any reason to wait till I have the full $2000?>>

Nope.

cheers,

Sandeep
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement