No. of Recommendations: 0
<<<How difficult is it to find a custodian to handle <<DRIP plans for an IRA? Are there any online
brokerages that will do this, if the first shares are purchased through them?>>

These will not be DRIP plans per se. Instead, the brokerage will reinvest dividends and capital
gains by transferring at current market value shares in the same stock the brokerage holds in its own
inventory. Fees may be involved, and the only one I know for sure that does this is USAA
Brokerage Services. >

When I had an account at the shallow-discount broker, Fidelity, they did this for free, too (if you do
not consider their relatively high commissions as an unnecessary cost).>>

FWIW, I recently made some trades at Fidelity and was pleasantly surprised to find that they've reduced the commission for web trades to $19.95, flat fee for any amount up to 1000 shares. It's less if you're a frequent trader, which I am not. (I know, I know, the deep-discounts are cheaper, but we all choose what lets us sleep well.)
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.