No. of Recommendations: 0
<<<In otherwords, I can contribute $3000 [to a Roth IRA] this year, being a Californian?>>>

<<<Yes - you're still a US taxpayer. The question relates to what happens if California does not conform to the latest Federal changes. Will the earnings on the extra amount ($1000 or $1500 depending on age) still be tax-free for California taxes at withdrawl? Will we have to pay a California tax on a portion of the dividends/interest/cap gains inside the Roth?>>>

Ok. I get it. That makes sense. So, for me, the answer to my question is "No, I won't be contributing more than 2k until I know it's not going to create problems in the future."

Print the post  


The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.