UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (23) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: XMFBreakerTinker Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 72329  
Subject: Re: Charley Reeses Last Column Date: 10/6/2012 9:32 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 8
<<<Who is the speaker of the House? John Boehner. He is the leader of the majority party. He and fellow House members, not the President, can approve any budget they want. If the president vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to.>>>

I am sorry, but no, he did not think this through. The House has passed over 16 budgets (Republican controlled), Harry Reid's Senate (Democrat controlled), has not allowed a vote on a SINGLE one of them. Much less a bill getting to the president that he can veto.

Equivocation is just another excuse for the Democrats to blame the other side. Not our fault, when in fact, the Democrats have not allowed a budget into the Senate in 3 years.

Sorry, I am just not gonna put up with this sort of simple thinking, when it is so imperative that we fix this problem now.

Don't like the Republican budget from the House, fine, let it be voted on, and vote it down, and then propose one of your own. Never been allowed to happen in the Senate because it just might pass.

On the other hand, the budgets proposed by Obama have been uanimously rejected.

So lets get real. The Democrats like the status quo, because the status quo uses baseline budgeting, which insures ever growing government spending as long as NOTHING is done. A vote on it would decrease government spending.

Tinker
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (23) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

My Big Fat Greek Splat
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement