Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
<<<WHY WORRY ABOUT AN AUDIT?
As long as you're not stretching the facts, hiding something etc, there's little reason to fear an IRS audit. When you are filing, you are entitled to take every advanytage you can and are never required to overpay.>>>

I'm not worried about having to pay more in an audit. I just don't want to waste my precious retirement time proving things to the IRS. Also, remember that once they start an audit they feel compelled to produce enough extra revenue to justify their effort. Congressional testimony has documented the extremes they'll go to in that quest. Better to keep them off your back in the first place, but I agree, it shouldn't be done by paying more than you legally owe.

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement