Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
<<my wife and I make 80K/yr. She was not eligible for
401 K contribution with her company last year(1997)

I contributed to 401K.

Is there any way she make a TAx deductible IRA contribution for 1997?>>

Roy's response was correct, of course. I would add that you may find that a nondeductible contribution to a Roth IRA is just as good as, or better than, a deductible contribution to a regular IRA. And it would certainly be better than a nondeductible contribution to a regular IRA.

KAT in Chicagoland
Tax Guide for Investors
Includes the latest information on
Roth IRA technical corrections
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.