UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: broadmoor Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 35367  
Subject: Re: novice query Date: 3/12/2006 10:13 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
<<Not to be cheeky but someone is always worried about something and someone is always happy about something.>>

You are no more cheeky than I was snide when I chose to utilize that final sentence, the one you quoted. Of course some people are going to be happy no matter what is happening in any market.
Yours was a great post, stating the salient point, the "unnaturalness" of a flat curve, right at the start. What was obvious, and through which I was looking, was the fact that, despite the logic of numbers, the recent run-up (what was it, 12, 13 basis points?) did not really represent a qualitative shift from inversion to flatness, but rather a quantitative jump within a flattened curve. A little research--which I finally bothered to do--revealed that this inversion was (is?) still of very short duration, far less deep (steep?) than those of the past, and, perhaps the most important comparison, when Core CPI is subtracted from the Fed Funds Rate we see by far the lowest number of all the recent inversions and near-inversions. Thank you again.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Should You Be an Index Investor?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement