UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: sfcorb One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2818  
Subject: Re: Babson College Date: 12/18/2000 10:05 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
<<Overall Babson's not highly ranked as an undergrad biz program>>
Currently Babson is ranked #21, perhaps not the highest, but not too bad either. If you believe the aforementioned ranking (which I think are weak at best) Babson is the highest ranking business college, by far. There are several large universities that are more highly ranked, but as far as business colleges go Babson is generally the undisputed best. I was looking to stay in New England, where Babson is second to only MIT (didn't even apply) in business.

I went to Babson for my undergraduate degree (triple major in finance, economics, and entrepreneurship) and I found the college to be somewhat changeling. To me the college was a good combination of academics, a social life, location, etc. One of the aspects that I liked best about Babson was the smaller, close knit community it offered. The classes there are very small, so if you like that sort of thing it could be a good school for you. The largest class I had while pursuing my degree there had about 25 students in it. One of the biggest reasons I like the small school feel is that it was very easy to get involved. I co-founded a fraternity on campus, played sports, got involved in student government, as well as other activities.

I am now enrolled in Boston College (finishing my MBA in the spring), and I found Babson to be a superior school in every way. The classes there were vastly better, the professors were far superior, the social life was infinitely more enjoyable. College is a very personally choice, as everyone has very different preferences. Though I enjoy watching BC hockey games, I enjoyed playing in Babson games as an undergrad. much more. I like the large classes as they are easier to skip, though I probably learn more in smaller classes. I could continue to make such comparisons based on my preferences, but that what they would be, preferences. If you think you'd prefer a small school, or want to go to school in New England you'd be hard pressed to find a better school than Babson (for business), other than perhaps MIT. If you have any specific questions, I can probably answer them for you.

sfcorb
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Paying For School Guide
Trying to Tackle Tuition? The Motley Fool's Guide to Paying for School will help you fight those rising education costs.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement