UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 58870  
Subject: Re: Wisconsin State Health Care Reform ... Date: 7/24/2007 10:40 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 11
<<Personally, I'd rather pay my premium to a Gov't-sponsored program than let Aetna and Cigna siphon 20% to 30% off the top in overhead & profit to fund million dollar executive salaries, private jets and hunting lodges for the CEO, and hundreds of millions of dollars in back-dated stock options.

But that's just me.

intercst
>>

Personally, I'd prefer that government pay a fair price for the health insurance services it buys rather than paying in a way that results in $900/year/insured person in average costs shifted shifted to me according to my health insurance company.

My insurer is Premera, which has substantial assets as reserves which gives the company and my benefits financial security, something government programs usually do not have.

The Washington state comprehensive health care plan failed years ago, and the Tenncare plan and numerous other state health insurance plans have proven to be unstable financially.

Considering that intercst has managed his financial life with such reasonableness and care over the decades, I find it surprising when he says he would love to jump into an unproven, financially unstable health insurance program, as long as it's run by the government.

Seattle Pioneer
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement