UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Frecs Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1656  
Subject: Re: WTO Date: 12/14/1999 2:46 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
<<So, again, who do I feel more sorry for; the Starbucks employees who are having their belief system challenged, or two thirds
world people whose land is being ruined and kids are being poisoned. It's a no brainer.

My point is this - If the media and the people saved half the time and energy they are expending lamenting the "violent" protest
and used that the educate themselves and think about what is going on and why, the world would be far better off.

What we can do: When you go to Starbucks, ask for shade grown coffee. If you work there, ask about how their coffee is
produced. Do some independent research. Demand change.

Hans >>

First, it wasn't the Starbucks' employees' belief systems that were challenged, just their ability to make a living.

Charity begins at home. Before those protesters start destroying property, perhaps they should clean up around their back door. I bet ya a buck that they wear Nike shoes, have computers and pagers and cell phones, and drink Starbucks coffee, espresso, drive cars, wear clothes made in third-world countries, and otherwise participate in our consumer economy (which is mostly supported on the backs and sweat of those people they proport to sympathize with). Where do they think those things come from? How do they think the costs are kept down?
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement