UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (22) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Madness Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 741789  
Subject: Re: Loss and Living on Your Terms Date: 5/2/2001 9:37 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
<<Story deleted>>

1HappyFool --

Thank you for posting your story. It triggered two reactions in me.
First, before I even hit the rec button, I sent a note to my best friend, to whom I have not spoken or written for over a year. Whatever reason I had for delaying (procrastination and intertia) are simply not reason enough to keep me out of touch with family and friends.

Second, it reminded me of the loss of a dear friend when I was 29 years old. We had been out of touch for only about 2 years when he died, but I had many of the same feelings. I was able to give his eulogy on behalf of the circle of friends we both belonged to, though it was very painful. I don't want to presume anything about how you will feel in 12 years, but to relate my experience from that position, I now have mostly only the good memories of Allen, though his memory is framed in sadness.

Wishing you peace,

--Madness
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (22) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Apple

Apple and Ninety Years Ago
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement