UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 59180  
Subject: Re: Y Generation to Affect Future Stock Returns? Date: 7/25/2013 7:07 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
<<There was great distrust of the stock market when I bought my first share of stock in 1981 as a 25 year old engineer. >>

I started buying stocks just about the same time as intercst.

I could buy lots of great stocks selling for 4X earnings, which seemed like a deal to me...... it was.

I was an office clerical employee at the time. I read the Wall Street Journal during coffee breaks and lunch in the company cafeteria, which was of no apparent interest to other employees, who thought stocks were too "risky" if they thought anything at all.

Buying automobiles, vlothes and other consumer junk was a LOT more popular.

I was pretty much the only employee who had a stock broker.

A couple of company Vice Presidents occasionally chatted with me about my stock purchases. They did NOT think such a plan was foolish, but they made sure no one else overheard conversations about such things.

Seattle Pioneer
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

2.1: The Labor Pool Problem
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement