Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
<<This is a great form and does exist.

It allow you to file and extension to file your taxes when you owe the IRS tax money, yet you do
not have to pay the interest and penalties as you would on form #4868.>>

It does exist, but not on the interent. I'd be more than happy to mail you a copy if you can't get it any other way.

You should be aware that the IRS DOES charge interest at the underpayment rate. ALSO, you MUST establish an UNDUE HARDSHIP ("This means more than an inconvenience") as to why you cannot pay, you must show you cannot borrow the money and give the IRS security or collateral (if a you own any). The IRS "rarely grants this extension because the legal requirements are so strict", and if they don't you are out of luck. I've never seen it granted.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.