UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1483  
Subject: Re: RWOL and ethics Date: 3/2/2004 3:34 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
<<To kind-of quote SP re social security on the REHP board: “If the government-supported-museum is stupid enough to give me a free day then I'm going to take it.”

I guess SP's ethics depend upon his mood.
>>

I think Im had better tidy up my comment.

What I said is that if the government is dumb enough to pay money to me in benefits when I don't need it, I will take the money and still reserve the right to point out how dumb that is. Social Security and unemployment benefits might be examples.

You are welcome to comment on that if you wish.

The idea of taking advantage of offers of free attendance or a just amount to contribute for admission when such decisions are left to individuals are worth considering, in my view. Obviously, one is not engaged in fraud ---- the decision to pay or how much is clearly left to the individual.

On the credit card board I asked whther people who were struggling to pay off debts should be encouraged to use food banks to enable them to pay off their debts earlier. This occurred to me when walking buy my neighborhood food bank and seeing large quantities of ice cream and bread being thrown out because no one claimed them.

So--- how to decide? These seem like reasonable questions to me.

Seattle Pioneer

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement