Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
<<What are these people going to do until age 80 or 85 or 95? What do you guys do?>>

JABoa,
I've been retired only 18 months so my reply is untested for the long pull.
I enjoy the fact I am free from "early to bed and early to rise".
I like reading the morning paper and doing those things we all do but at an easy pace without time constraints. I know I sometimes forget why I decided to retire at 62 also. I have those advantages and have to remind myself.
During these 18 months, I did a lot of work on the property we move to after retirement. I know that gets old fast but it is nearly done except for normal maintenance.
We also attended antique tractor shows and have one to fool with.
To maintain some sense of accomplishment I wrote for a small paper for 6 months - got bored at that and felt tied down.
Went to an economical area of FL for 3 weeks during the winter. OK, but it was not Ft. Meyers!
We have been studying our finances a lot in order to be sure we have all possible dollars at work for us.
Over the next few months we will planning further down the road. We would like to RV, stay warm in the winter, and maybe garden and tractor show in the summer. Want to fish too -- Canada.
We seem to stay busy and I think if we plan ahead we will stay that way. That approach should work regardless of how much money is available. Need some GOALS even if that includes some part time work. Not all of us hit the road running like the boomers have in terms of earnings and capital accumulation.
H.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement