Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
<<Which is why it makes almost no sense to take an IRA contribution when there is no tax benefit attached to it...UNLESS you can do something with a Roth rollover...but that will be a one year shot deal.>>

I understand that (in 1998 only) you can spread the effects of rolling over a regular IRA into a Roth IRA over 4 years. Is there any way to elect to avoid this 4-year spread-out and roll the IRA over all at once?

Also, are there any special tax forms (besides the IRA line on the 1040) that one must fill out to document regular IRA contributions? IRA contributions that turn out to be non-deductible?

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.