Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
<<you'll want to make sure that you are NOT qualified for an office in home deduction in the year of sale.

Is it just the year of the sale or is the 2 year qualifier still in place? I did not check the 1997 Reform Act for that.>>

It's only for the year of sale. It won't help you with the depreciation recapture computations (at least for depreciation taken after May, 1997), but it'll save you from allocating the sale of the property between business and personal purposes.

TMF Taxes
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.