No. of Recommendations: 0
<My mom has to make a withdrawal from her IRA. Can that withdrawal be in the form of shares of stock? She doesn't need the money right now and she still wants to own the stock. She has her regular and IRA accounts at the same firm, so I'm hoping we can just do a transfer. We have to find a way to cover the taxes due, but that's doable.>

I suppose it depends on the broker. Mine (Ameritrade) says just call and ask. They will issue a 1099R (I believe it is) so you will pay taxes on the day the transaction takes place.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.