Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (37) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: riverfloat One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19257  
Subject: Re: Hearing aid. Date: 1/21/2007 1:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
<remote>

FYI-my hearing aids do have a small remote that allows me to change programs (see below) and adjust the volume (both ears only). I can also easily adjust volume or program on each ear with easy access controls on the aids themselves. What I hae found in my 2 months wearing is that I (virtually) never adjust them or change programs. They seem to be set just fine. FYI, volume is capped so you can't turn it up too high.

Programs - my aids can have up to three different program settings based on the results of testing. The computer determined that I only need 2 programs at this time, Prog 1 for everything except Prog 2 - Telephone. Fact is, Prog 1 is just fine for phone (home & cell), so I don't use Prog 2.

Wind is occasionally noticeable, I have adjusted volume down on rare occassion while walking but for the most part it's not an issue.

After my 1st 2 wks I went back because I regularly thought it sounded like my head was in a drum. The computer took this info as well as what their built in tracker collected (info about use, adjustments, enviroment, etc.-smart little thing) resulting in a lower default volume setting and less base which pretty much solved the problem.

One more thing - IIRC, the tech said they have a life expectancy of 5-7 years unless you do something really stupid to them.

Hope that helps,

Andy

...Hope I don't sound like I'm selling, just mean to be accurately reporting my experience.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (37) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Apple

Apple and Ninety Years Ago
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement