Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (24) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: zyaw Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 36682  
Subject: LU Date: 1/24/2004 2:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Decided to join the herd that buys and sells LU in large doses
the market was rolling through millions of shares @ 4.11-4.12

So I put in bid @ 4.08 (ended at4.11)

Now my 10,000shrs are worth $300 (-$24 brockerage cost in/out)
Decision do I chip or hold wait

Conclusion I will watch opening and put in sell order .05 above high of first 5 minuts.

Trying new style with this trade. Notsure if short term or chipping is best mode to follow. Will decide Monday!

Duane
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23210 of 36682
Subject: Re: LU Date: 1/24/2004 3:39 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
So I put in bid @ 4.08 (ended at4.11)

Now my 10,000shrs are worth $300 (-$24 brockerage cost in/out)
Decision do I chip or hold wait

Conclusion I will watch opening and put in sell order .05 above high of first 5 minuts.

Trying new style with this trade. Notsure if short term or chipping is best mode to follow. Will decide Monday!

You've lost me.

You've bought 10,000 shares at 4.08?

How do you get the 10,000 shares worth 300?

10,000 x 4.11 = 41,100.00

Why the sell order after the first 5 minutes?

did you get heavy on the 0's?

Jean

Author: zyaw Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23211 of 36682
Subject: Re: LU Date: 1/24/2004 3:44 PM
$300 is profit - 1 cent x 10000 sh = $100

Sorry about confusing informatiion.

I figured that you could read my mind (gg)
duane

Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23212 of 36682
Subject: Re: LU Date: 1/24/2004 4:02 PM
$300 is profit - 1 cent x 10000 sh = $100

Ok, I got that part.

Now to the other part about the order to sell after the five minute high?

I don't understand that logic at all, did you look at an intraday 5 or 15 minute chart?

Author: zyaw Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23213 of 36682
Subject: Re: LU Date: 1/24/2004 4:29 PM
NO
I am just developing my stratigy (sp)
Morning usally up or down gap of a few cents
will look at direction and decide what to do.
duane

PS any sugestions wellcome!!!!

Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23214 of 36682
Subject: Re: LU Date: 1/24/2004 4:30 PM
Trying new style with this trade. Notsure if short term or chipping is best mode to follow.

FWIW, when I think of chipping I think of someone playing that slow time in the afternoon. Or getting in as it was going up and out as it stalled, all intraday.

True daytraders would have been out at the end of the day. It can be nerve racking.

Here's the intraday chart.

http://www.ttrader.com/mycharts/display.php?p=18623&u=jeanwa&a=Jean's%20Charts&id=7

Jean

Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23215 of 36682
Subject: Re: LU Date: 1/24/2004 4:35 PM
Duane

Is this real money?

Jean

Author: zyaw Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23216 of 36682
Subject: Re: LU Date: 1/24/2004 4:42 PM
YES real money!
I was up 100 % last year do to one stock XYBR bought 40000 sh. @$.53-.59
sold 10000 @ 1.28 still holding 30000 for long term capital gain.

This is my PLAY account so can take chances.
Duane

Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23217 of 36682
Subject: Re: LU Date: 1/24/2004 4:59 PM
I really shouldn't have asked!!! It just shocked me.

Back to Lucent.

What it it goes down to say 3.80 Monday? Now, I don't think it will do that just asking.

Jean

Author: zyaw Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23219 of 36682
Subject: Re: LU Date: 1/24/2004 5:06 PM
I am cofident that it will come bck to $4.50 some time soon
I am cofident in a $6.00 high before year end (I have been wrong before)
I may have to take a small lose on some of these kinds of flyers
Thats the chance you take in changing stratergies
Duane

Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23221 of 36682
Subject: Re: LU Date: 1/24/2004 5:44 PM
Duane,

I'm glad you're confident. Lucent is looking good as a long here too IMHO. But I would place a stop below yesterdays low, if I was going to hold overnight.

Jean

Author: RayRohn Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23240 of 36682
Subject: Re: LU Date: 1/24/2004 9:27 PM
Recommendations: 1
FWIW on LU...

I have not been trading LU...

but IMO 4 to 4.50 there is a lot of resistance
first shoot over always get a pull back

Weekly Chart http://tinyurl.com/3gez5

one never knows but if LU can get past 5 bucks
she might just go to 10... (MAYBE)

RR

Author: RayBH Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23241 of 36682
Subject: Re: LU Date: 1/24/2004 11:20 PM
Since ya'll are talkin about my favorite girl LUcy I have to put in my $.02.......

LU is a classic example of a company that has to be watched on fundamental's along with technical's.

LU has had so many changes over the last 3 years that it is not the same company that most people remember (that may be a good thing...).

Any one that is serious about trading LU should do more than just checking the charts IMHO.
Even though the charts will show the course of action, with LU it can be deceiving because there is so much that is not yet figured into the mix, example: reverse split (possible 1 for 10), more layoffs, underfunding of pensions, cutting back on R&D, outsourcing, etc.

I would suggest anyone interested in LU to check out the LU board here at the Fool, there are some very knowledgeable folks there that have been around for the long haul so they are aware of the in's and out's of LUcy.

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=20200055

MOST IMPORTANT............... DYODD......

ray

Author: zyaw Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23242 of 36682
Subject: Re: LU Date: 1/25/2004 12:08 AM
Thanks Ray
my son-in-law has worked @ AT&T/Bell Labs/Lu for over 20 years
He has that same opinion
Duane

Author: zyaw Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23278 of 36682
Subject: Re: LU Date: 1/26/2004 11:09 AM
I Bailed at 4.39 for 0.31 profit it is still running 4.45 last I looked
bought SONS at 9.22
This is fun (when it works as planned
Duane

Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23280 of 36682
Subject: Re: LU Date: 1/26/2004 11:20 AM
This is fun (when it works as planned)
Duane

Yep, it sure is!!!!!

Good going with LU

On my Quotetracker it's dipping after hitting 4.47

Good luck with SONS

I don't watch it intraday, but hoping it stays above the 6d ema for ya.

Jean

Jean

Author: zyaw Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23285 of 36682
Subject: Re: LU Date: 1/26/2004 11:30 AM
Put in stop @ 8.93
Hopeing to hold this one for few days
atleast untill they get around to earninings report that was delayed
for audit
Thanks for your help. although I don't always follow others advise or opinions It does influence my decicions by making me more conservative
Duane

Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23287 of 36682
Subject: Re: LU Date: 1/26/2004 11:48 AM
although I don't always follow others advise or opinions

I sure am glad!!!!!!!

The advise and opinions are worth what you pay for then. Great idea not to follow thru.....it's just another view.

Jean

Author: zyaw Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23289 of 36682
Subject: Re: LU Date: 1/26/2004 12:28 PM
Yes !!! I tend to get over enthused with my train of thought and need outside help in considering oyher factors I may have missed
Will move my stop on SONS up to break even as soon as I can
Scottrade requires .25 below curent price when you are entering stop
Duane

Author: rydude Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23299 of 36682
Subject: Re: LU Date: 1/26/2004 9:21 PM
one never knows but if LU can get past 5 bucks
she might just go to 10... (MAYBE)

unfortunately I bought in last week at $4.75. If the stock reaches that price this week, I plan to sell half my shares a little above that price. If the price drops with LU, I will buy more.

Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23301 of 36682
Subject: Re: LU Date: 1/26/2004 10:06 PM
unfortunately I bought in last week at $4.75. If the stock reaches that price this week, I plan to sell half my shares a little above that price. If the price drops with LU, I will buy more.

I don't understand the logic here? What if it doesn't drop. After this type of pullback I wouldn't expect a drop, but I would be prepared for one.

As long as it is making higher high, and higher lows the direction is up. The price bars is above the 50 and the close was above the 6. The 12 is below the low of the day. The MACD isn't over bought and tho it headed down looks ready to turn. The money flow has turned up.

I agree that 5 is going to be tough to break. If it goes over 4.50 tomorrow a pull back during the day would be a nice entry with a stop below todays low. I would want it to go over 4.50 first.

If it breaks 4.50 and heads to 5 I would want to see the MACD hitting a higher lump. If it doesn't I think it will pullback again.

This is just an opinion and worth about as much as everyone elses. LOL

This came out today..

Lucent Technologies (LU: news, chart, profile) surged more than 8 percent after the telecom equipment maker received a positive write-up in Barron's. The financial weekly, which is published by Dow Jones, said Lucent is a less speculative stock play after two consecutive quarters of profits.

http://cbs.marketwatch.com/news/story.asp?tool=1&guid={A267C2FD-1BB4-44B0-889D-A00179D7CDB0}&siteid=bigcharts&dist=bigcharts&orig=charting&time=7&symb=LU&sid=16617&source=htx\http2_mw

Jean

Author: rydude Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23308 of 36682
Subject: Re: LU Date: 1/27/2004 10:13 AM
there isn't a lot of logic in anything that I do at this point. LOL... Just learning. A friend told me to expect a drop soon. Thanks for the advice. BTW Jean, I just added you to my favorite fool list :)

Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23309 of 36682
Subject: Re: LU Date: 1/27/2004 10:23 AM
Get some logic! ;-)

You're friend might be better at predicting the future than me.

It certainly appears that the analysts don't know either.

http://tinyurl.com/3gmed

Jean

Author: RetiredVermonter Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23465 of 36682
Subject: Re: LU Date: 1/31/2004 5:49 AM
I look at LU and NT as longer term "holds"!

Man, after yesterday, especially, am I glad I bought NT -- and kept adding to it!!!!!

Vermonter

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (24) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement