UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: chkNYC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 150  
Subject: Lucky Date: 5/22/2004 3:27 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
Last week I attended a surprise party for my ex-FIL's 90th birthday. He and my ex-MIL (88 years old) still live in their own apartment and have no help. My ex-MIL still cooks and bakes from scratch. My ex-FIL goes to the printing shop he started 2 or 3 days a week (for no pay).

Also at the party were my ex-FIL's sister and her husband. They are each 83. They also live in their own apartment (across the street from my ex-in laws) and take care of themselves.

I can't believe how lucky the children of these folks are.

My Mom died at 49 and my Dad died 3 years ago at 82

I can't imagine how great it must be to have both parents alive and in relatively good health at that age.

This is just a reminder. If you're lucky enough to still have your parents around, consider yourself lucky and tell them that you love them.

I just wish I could tell my parents that one more time.

Christina
Print the post Back To Top
Author: pmarti Big funky green star, 20000 posts Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 133 of 150
Subject: Re: Lucky Date: 5/22/2004 6:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
If you're lucky enough to still have your parents around, consider yourself lucky and tell them that you love them.

I just wish I could tell my parents that one more time.

As you and I both know, there's never one time too many. Trust me; they knew.

Phil

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement