UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: tjscott0 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 744608  
Subject: LUDICROUS! Date: 7/10/2013 1:01 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/07/09/196211/linchpin-for-ob...

In an initiative aimed at rooting out future leakers and other security violators, President Barack Obama has ordered federal employees to report suspicious actions of their colleagues based on behavioral profiling techniques that are not scientifically proven to work, according to experts and government documents.

The techniques are a key pillar of the Insider Threat Program, an unprecedented government-wide crackdown under which millions of federal bureaucrats and contractors must watch out for “high-risk persons or behaviors” among co-workers. Those who fail to report them could face penalties, including criminal charges.

Obama mandated the program in an October 2011 executive order after Army Pfc. Bradley Manning downloaded hundreds of thousands of documents from a classified computer network and gave them to WikiLeaks, the anti-government secrecy group. The order covers virtually every federal department and agency, including the Peace Corps, the Department of Education and others not directly involved in national security.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ResN Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 688493 of 744608
Subject: Re: LUDICROUS! Date: 7/10/2013 1:06 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
What Obama is really doing is making sure all Repubs, Tea Partiers, Conservatives, Libertarians, and anyone else who disagrees with him are identified for retaliation. I believe Hitler did such things with the Hitler Youth by ordering them to report on their parents.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 688495 of 744608
Subject: Re: LUDICROUS! Date: 7/10/2013 1:22 PM
Recommendations: 1
What Obama is really doing is making sure all Repubs, Tea Partiers, Conservatives, Libertarians, and anyone else who disagrees with him are identified for retaliation. I believe Hitler did such things with the Hitler Youth by ordering them to report on their parents.

\__________________

I would stay away from the Hitler comparisons.

THe fact is all fascists use this tool, so it is not particularly Hitlery
You can find the same in the Soviet Union it was one of their favorites too

Wait until you hear the rumors of the DOJ arranging anti Zimmerman demonstrations!

As bad as we may think things are, I doubt we have seen the tip of the iceburg yet.

IF you think the folks that still support these people and good people, you are making a really bad mistake.

Author: Dwdonhoff Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 688496 of 744608
Subject: Re: LUDICROUS! Date: 7/10/2013 1:29 PM
Recommendations: 2
The workplace neighborhood spying is certainly bad enough...

But how ambiguous is this???
Those who fail to report them could face penalties, including criminal charges.

'Suspicion' is an entirely ambiguous, subjective 'feeling'.... How can anyone be presumed innocent, yet prosecuted for 'failing to report suspicion'???

*THIS* is state terrorism!

Author: THEMATHISNEAR Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 688497 of 744608
Subject: Re: LUDICROUS! Date: 7/10/2013 1:34 PM
Recommendations: 3
The techniques are a key pillar of the Insider Threat Program, an unprecedented government-wide crackdown under which millions of federal bureaucrats and contractors must watch out for “high-risk persons or behaviors” among co-workers.

Have any of your co-workers been involved or supported any of the following suspicious activities?

-- Speaking about 'freedom', 'personal responsibility', or 'lower taxes' in a non-sarcastic way
-- Protesting regulations, entitlements, or the federal debt
-- Expressing sympathy for (or anything less than ridicule or outrage toward) Republicans, conservatives or the Tea Party
-- Belief or expressions that President Obama is anything less than the Bestest President Ever

If you see, hear, or empathatically feel that any of your co-workers exhibit any of these suspicious activities, report it, comrade! The State depends on YOU!

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 688501 of 744608
Subject: Re: LUDICROUS! Date: 7/10/2013 1:48 PM
When in the world does his behavior arise to an impeachable offense?!

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 688502 of 744608
Subject: Re: LUDICROUS! Date: 7/10/2013 1:49 PM
I would stay away from the Hitler comparisons.

Why? There are so many apt comparisons it's scary.

Author: THEMATHISNEAR Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 688503 of 744608
Subject: Re: LUDICROUS! Date: 7/10/2013 1:50 PM

Sometime after the average liberal IQ exceeds average room temperature. It's not looking very promising.

Author: Dwdonhoff Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 688522 of 744608
Subject: Re: LUDICROUS! Date: 7/10/2013 4:21 PM

HAH... that's an easy answer;
When the next Republican takes office!

Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 688554 of 744608
Subject: Re: LUDICROUS! Date: 7/10/2013 11:51 PM

No point in it as long as the Democrats are in control of the Senate.

Probably no point in as long as the Democrats plus the left-wing Republicans are as much as a third of the Senate.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement