Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
can anyone tell me how to handle the forward averaging of lump sum distributions in subsequent years? I did
my folks tax return the last year when they received a 1099-R and we filled out form 4972 with 5 year forward averaging.

How does the 20% income from distribution get reflected
on tax forms in subsequent years. TurboTax doesn't seem to kick me into any additional form to request these numbers (I didn't use Turbo-Tax last year). Where does this income get recognized?

thanks in advance.

please email
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.