Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: dockofthebay One star, 50 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 470  
Subject: LUV acquires AAI Date: 9/27/2010 1:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I never thought that I would see AirTran be taken over for so little. Even with the buyout, I am taking a loss. I guess the ultra competitive nature of the airline business, coupled with the gyrations of fuel costs, labor contracts, maintaining and replacing aircraft, airport fees and the weak economy have combined to force AirTran into this.

So, now we could become the holders of Southwest Airline shares. I'll have to take a long look at LUV to see if I want to hold the shares.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Fuskie Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Ticker Guide SC1 Red Winner of the 2010 Rule Breakers Challenge Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 468 of 470
Subject: Re: LUV acquires AAI Date: 9/27/2010 1:30 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I think this is a cash deal, which means you would not get Southwest shares.

Fuskie
Who notes that even with the premium paid, he will still lose about $500 on his ill fated dalliance with airlines...

Author: BermudaKenn Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 469 of 470
Subject: Re: LUV acquires AAI Date: 12/4/2010 11:54 AM
I'm late in replying,

Interesting. As a former ValueJet shareholder, I might want to get back in.
Sold my shares of AAI after they hovered around $6.00 for too long.
when I was living in ATL, I remember driving to Birmingham, AL, because the fares were cheaper for both Delta, and Southwest.
The timing seems a little odd, but now I am wishing I still had some shares of AAI.

BK

Author: Fuskie Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Ticker Guide SC1 Red Winner of the 2010 Rule Breakers Challenge Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 470 of 470
Subject: Re: LUV acquires AAI Date: 12/4/2010 2:24 PM
Now would not be a good time as the share price should already taking into account the pending merger with Southwest Airlines.

Fuskie
Who will still lose money but not as much as he was losing before...

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement